Wednesday, January 21, 2009

We're Baaaack...

Hey Ryan,

Right now, you're probably on your way back from D.C. All five of us reading this blog expect a full report. So, rub on some deodorant and get to work, Sandra!

I know you understand the emotion better than I because you were there, but watching the inauguration unfold made me proud of what our country can be when its citizens are lucid in their voting. Obama's speech felt like seeing the smart kid standing up to the bully, once and for all.

Now, Bush's first name will always be "Former". And, he has all the time in the world to learn to read so that his library will have another book in it besides "My Pet Goat". The only regret I have, as a citizen, is that we ever called him "President". But I guess some people have to hit the bottom of the pool before they know that they're drowning, and, now, our people are coming up for air.

Blah, blah, blah...right? There are thousands of keyboard jockeys out there writing the same stuff (and probably much better) at this very moment. But, maybe we should all just thank our friends and family for helping us deliver this guy to the White House. I'm glad we hired him.

Charles

P.S. Does Cheney owe either DC Comics or the Ian Fleming estate money? My friend Mason and I couldn't decide if he looked more like the Penguin because of the cane, or Blowfeld in his wheelchair. Mason voted Penguin. But I thought he was one furry cat with a diamond-studded collar away from being a full-blown James Bond villain.

No comments: