Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sorry, John

McCain calls out for Joe the Plumber to stand up at a campaign rally and...confused silence.



Wow...a stunned silence from the 6,000 strong crowd (more than 4,000 of which were kids bussed in by the campaign for the event). According to MSNBC:

A local school district official confirmed after the event that of the 6,000 people estimated by the fire marshal to be in attendance this morning, more than 4,000 were bused in from schools in the area. The entire 2,500-student Defiance School District was in attendance, the official said, in addition to at least three other schools from neighboring districts, one of which sent 14 buses.


Say it ain't so, Joe! You're a no-show!

I guess Joe's new publicist had something else planned for him today.

Maybe he's getting his congressional staff in place.

Or, maybe he's recording songs for his first country album (which I, personally, can't wait to buy from the cut-out bin).

Oh, I know, Good Old Joe must be off with a box of crayons writing his first book (which I hope comes out soon because we're running low on toilet paper).

Gosh, this really is the Land of Opportunity.

1 comment:

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Smacking my face.

I thought nobody could annoy me more than Palin.